I liked the A to Z Challenge so much that I started looking for similar blog hops. This is how I found Share Your World. If you want more information, visit Cee’s Photography. Essentially 4 new questions are asked every week and you have to answer them. Simple and fun! I’m jumping in at week 19, so here it goes….
Do you prefer shopping or going to a park?
I’d say a park, but I’m picky about my parks. I love National Parks, those can be gorgeous. Plus I wont feel guilty about spending 🙂
What is the highest score you’ve ever made in bowling? Actual or virtually played.
I have gotten a strike before….and yes it was without the bumpers in the gutters. Do they still do bumper bowling these days? I’m not a huge fan of bowling, the shoes are kind of icky, so I haven’t been in a really long time. I haven’t tried virtual bowling. I bet you can wear your own shoes for that!
Name the foreign countries you’ve been to.
- USA. I live in Canada, so this counts as foreign, sort of. I used to go on holidays to Florida with my family when I was young. Since starting my Ph.D. almost three years ago, I’ve had to opportunity to see the states coast to coast. I’m in love with Sarasota, FL and San Fransisco, CA.
- Japan. Love. Love. LOVE. One of my projects in high school was to design a trip itinerary for a foreign country. I got stuck with Japan (at least that’s how I felt at the time). After doing the research for that project, I got really interested in Japan, the culture, the nature, the history, all of it. When I graduated from university, my aunt took me there. It was an amazing trip. My favourite place was Miyajima. It’s an island just off the coast of Hiroshima. It’s the home of the floating torii.
- Scotland. I spent a week in Edinburgh. Some people argue that that’s not really Scotland, but as much as I missed the rest of the country, I enjoyed the city. I did make it out of the city to see Doone Castle and meet Hamish the Hairy Coo though!
- Ireland. I did a road trip with my folks. We started in Shannon, drove to Dingle, then up to Kilkenny and Dublin. I adore Dingle! It’s a quaint little town on one of the southern peninsulas. There’s lots to see and do and plenty of history to keep you entertained. All the coloured houses are so cute!
- Belize. I was there for my honeymoon last summer. An amazing trip. If you love nature and challenging yourself, then you’ll love this! I wrote a post about it with pics a while ago. You can read it here.
Describe your own outlook on life in seven words or less.
Work hard. Play hard. Learn, Love, Laugh.
Life is hard. I’m am forever trying to balance the good and the bad, the enjoyment and the stress. I do the best I can to work hard and find positives in life. As long as I am learning, loving and laughing, I figure I’m doing alright.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
Last Week: For Mother’s Day, we got some family photos done. I’m not so keen on being photographed, but they did my make-up for me which was fun and made me feel pretty. The whole thing made my mom happy, so it was a good day.
Next Week: Victoria Day Weekend which means an extra day off! Yay!